Chicken broth is a liquid made from simmering chicken meat and bones. It adds moisture and flavor to the cat food.
Chicken is a lean source of protein that provides essential amino acids for cats. It is a highly digestible and nutritious ingredient.
Chicken liver is a nutrient-rich organ meat that is high in vitamins and minerals. It is a good source of vitamin A, iron, and protein.
Chicken gizzard is a muscular organ that aids in grinding food. It is a source of protein and contains essential nutrients.
Chicken heart is a muscle meat that is rich in taurine, an essential amino acid for cats. It is a good source of protein and vitamins.
Tricalcium phosphate is a calcium supplement that helps support bone health in cats.
Potassium chloride is a mineral that helps maintain proper electrolyte balance in cats.
Choline chloride is a nutrient that supports brain function and liver health in cats.
Magnesium sulfate is a source of magnesium, which is important for various bodily functions in cats.
Salt is added in small amounts for flavor. However, excessive salt intake can be harmful to cats, so it should be limited.
Taurine is an essential amino acid for cats. It plays a crucial role in maintaining heart health, vision, and reproductive function.
Zinc Amino Acid Chelate
Zinc amino acid chelate is a form of zinc that is easily absorbed by the body. Zinc is important for immune function and skin health in cats.
Iron Amino Acid Chelate
Iron amino acid chelate is a form of iron that is easily absorbed by the body. Iron is essential for the production of red blood cells.
Vitamin E Supplement
Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage. It supports immune function and promotes healthy skin and coat in cats.
Tuna oil is a source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for cats' skin, coat, and overall health.
Ascorbic Acid (Source Of Vitamin C)
Ascorbic acid is a form of vitamin C that acts as an antioxidant. It supports immune function and helps with the absorption of other nutrients.
Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1)
Thiamine mononitrate is a form of vitamin B1 that is important for energy metabolism and nerve function in cats.
Niacin (Vitamin B3)
Niacin is a form of vitamin B3 that supports energy production and overall cellular health in cats.
Manganese Amino Acid Chelate
Manganese amino acid chelate is a form of manganese that is easily absorbed by the body. Manganese is important for bone health and enzyme function.
Vitamin A Supplement
Vitamin A is essential for vision, immune function, and growth in cats. It is obtained from animal sources like liver or fish oil.
Copper Amino Acid Chelate
Copper amino acid chelate is a form of copper that is easily absorbed by the body. Copper is important for the production of red blood cells and connective tissues.
Calcium iodate is a source of iodine, which is necessary for proper thyroid function in cats.
Calcium pantothenate is a form of vitamin B5 that supports energy metabolism and hormone production in cats.
Sodium selenite is a source of selenium, which is an essential mineral with antioxidant properties. It supports immune function and thyroid health in cats.
Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B2)
Riboflavin is a form of vitamin B2 that is important for energy production, growth, and overall cellular health in cats.
Vitamin B12 Supplement
Vitamin B12 is essential for the formation of red blood cells and proper nerve function in cats.
Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
Pyridoxine hydrochloride is a form of vitamin B6 that is important for protein metabolism, brain function, and immune health in cats.
Folic acid is a form of vitamin B9 that supports cell growth and reproduction in cats.
Vitamin D3 Supplement
Vitamin D3 is important for calcium absorption and bone health in cats. It is obtained from exposure to sunlight or dietary sources.
Biotin is a form of vitamin B7 that supports healthy skin, coat, and overall cellular health in cats.
Vitamin K3 Supplement
Vitamin K3 is important for blood clotting and bone health in cats.
Crude protein is essential for a cat's health as it provides the necessary amino acids for growth, maintenance, and repair of body tissues. A minimum of 12.0% crude protein is considered good for cats.
Crude fat is an important source of energy for cats and aids in the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins. With a minimum of 2.2% crude fat, this cat food provides a sufficient amount for a healthy diet.
Crude fiber helps promote healthy digestion and prevents constipation in cats. With a maximum of 0.7% crude fiber, this cat food contains an appropriate amount for maintaining digestive health.
Moisture content is crucial for a cat's hydration and overall well-being. With a maximum of 83.0% moisture, this cat food ensures proper hydration for cats.
Ash content represents the mineral content in cat food. With a maximum of 1.6% ash, this cat food contains an acceptable level of minerals for a balanced diet.
Pros and Cons
- Tiki Cat After Dark is a fantastic cat food! This cat food mimics what cats ate in the wild years before they were domesticated my cats love this food especially since one of my cats is borderline diabetic! The BEST cat food anywhere!
- My cat loves this food. He lapped up the broth and then ate every bit of the chicken. It looks and smells delicious. The only negative for me is that it's not as many calories per can as some of the others that I feed, as my cat is fairly lean. It would be a plus for anyone needing to keep their cat's weight in check.
- Both my cats are so obsessed with this food, they think it is like cat crack! I've added it to their rotation, but they love it so much they are constantly pestering me for it!
- Pros: My cat will eat just about anything. Not a picky eater. But he loves this stuff and eats it up in 2 seconds and wishes he can get a second helping. So i add in some water to make him think he is getting extra. I wanted to give him something with good ingredients, looks less processed than other brands. My cats health is great, hopefully it's because of his diet. I did notice than his litter box doesn't smell as bad as it used to. Scent changes depending on what he eats. So that's another plus. I wish i could afford to feed only this wet food but I'd break the bank. So its half dry and half wet for him.
- My cat loves this. He doesn't particularly care which flavor but the chicken by itself is his favorite. It's really the only shredded wet food he will tolerate! Food is exactly as described and there's a decent amount of juice in each can!
- This is just like buying canned chicken and my cats do not like the stringyness of it. Wish you had a low carb pate they could try
- Very expensive, but apparently delicious food. My Bengal will sing for this one 🙂
- Looks good but both cats wouldn’t touch it. I wish they would have!
- Cons: It is expensive. Some cans have more meat than others. Some have more broth than meat. My cat knows when he is being deceived because he will look at me like where is the rest of it.
- While it looks good enough for humans to eat with its shredded chicken and broth my cat doesn't care for it. Unfortunately i bought several cases! I'll feed it to the dog instead. It's too bad because the quality of the food looks way better than the other 'cat food' brands. I'd say start with one pack and see if your cat approves.
Pet Food AI has assigned 4 stars to Tiki Cat After Dark Chicken Canned Cat Food.
This food has received mixed reviews from customers. While some cats absolutely love it and find it delicious, others may not be as enthusiastic. It is important to note that individual cats have different preferences and dietary needs. The Tiki Cat After Dark Chicken Canned Cat Food contains high-quality ingredients and provides a good source of protein for cats. However, it may not be suitable for cats who prefer pate-style food or have specific dietary restrictions. It is recommended to try a small pack first to see if your cat approves of this food.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this food healthy for cats?
Yes, this food is healthy for cats as it contains high-quality ingredients such as chicken, chicken liver, and tuna oil. These ingredients provide essential nutrients and protein for cats.
Can this food cause allergies?
This food does not include common allergens such as grains, soy, or artificial additives. However, individual cats may have specific allergies or sensitivities, so it is always recommended to monitor your cat's reaction when introducing a new food.
Should this food be combined with others?
It is not necessary to combine this food with others, as it provides a complete and balanced diet for cats. However, if you prefer to mix wet and dry food, you can do so in appropriate proportions based on your cat's needs and preferences.